April 10 marked the first full year in service for P&O Cruises Azura. To celebrate, Godmother Darcey Bussell sent a specially signed birthday card to the ship, Captain and crew.
The card, signed: “Happy 1st Birthday Azura! I wish I could be with you all. Have a wonderful celebration. Love Darcey” will be displayed on board in the atrium for passengers to see.
Azura is currently on a 14 night Mediterranean cruise that will see birthday celebrations including a gala night with special birthday theme and a ‘reveal’ of the framed card to passengers on board.
P&O Cruises managing director Carol Marlow said: “One year ago we welcomed Azura into our fleet with a sparkling naming ceremony. Darcey Bussell was a perfect Godmother and gave Azura a wonderful entry into our fleet. Since then, Azura has had a very successful first year in service, and has received consistently excellent feedback from our passengers. May there be many more years to come!”
Here’s a look back at Azura’s first year in numbers:
• 3,400 Wine Flights sampled in the Glasshouse
• 507 bottles of Veuve Cliquot enjoyed
• 154 Champagne breakfasts in bed served
• 40 renewal of vows ceremonies conducted
• 65,000 passengers entertained at the Captain’s Welcome on Board parties
• 515 massages enjoyed in The Retreat
• 3,573 portions sold of the most popular starter in XVII, the Crayfish and Lobster Cocktail
• 2,200 portions sold of the most popular main course in XVII, the ‘Beef Fillet Rossini’
• 2,477 portions sold of the most popular dessert in XVII, the Crepe Suzette Flambee
• 219,127 hands of Blackjack dealt
• 103,469 nautical miles sailed, the equivalent to almost five times around the world or 653 trips between London and Manchester