Mix together Michelin-starred chef Atul Kochhar, chic sophisticated surroundings and a menu of sublime and intriguing flavours and you have Sindhu – one of Azura’s enticing Select Dining restaurants. Celebrating Britain’s love affair with Indian cuisine and P&O Cruises long standing affiliation with India, this fine dining venue will offer contemporary Indian cuisine with a British twist.
Atul is very proud of Sindhu – his very first restaurant at sea – and excited about the planning and preparation involved. He has just finished creating the mouth watering menus, which include classic spice-infused dishes such as Crab Masala with Crab Claws and Vermicelli Biriyani. He is also working with the P&O Cruises team to develop the menu designs and table settings as well as taking time to train each of the chefs who will be working there.
Sommeliers from Atul’s London based restaurant, Benares, will be helping to develop Sindhu’s wine list, matching vintages with the menus. Plus they will also be creating the fruity, Indian-inspired cocktails that will also be served in the bar.
Watch the ‘Master of Spices’ in action in one of his cook-along videos at
All about Atul
• Trained in the Oberoi Hotel, New Delhi
• By the age of 31 he was the first Indian chef to be awarded a Michelin-star
• Competed against a host of the best British chefs on the successful series ‘The Great British Menu’
• Regular appearances on TV’s ‘Saturday Kitchen’ and ‘Market Kitchen’
• Owner of three fine dining restaurants – ‘Benares’ in London, ‘Vatika’ in Hampshire and ‘Ananda’ in Dublin
Atul is sheduled to be onboard during Azura’s Maiden cruise A002, and also A010 A011 A014 and A103 taking part in live interviews and cookery demonstrations.
If you would like more information on prices and availability of any Azura cruise contact me for the latest offers!