P&O Cruises, the only cruise line to have three Michelin starred chefs, will have Gary Rhodes, Marco Pierre White and Atul Kochhar travelling on board in 2010. The chefs will visit their restaurants at sea on a selection of cruises throughout next year.
The celebrated chefs will take part in cooking demonstrations, lessons, Q&A sessions and book signings whilst on board, in addition to spending time with their teams in the galley and in the restaurant with passengers.
In April 2005 Gary Rhodes opened his first fine dining restaurant at sea on board P&O Cruises adults-only superliner Arcadia. Arcadian Rhodes offers passengers Gary’s famous style of traditional British cuisine with a modern twist. Dishes include white onion and pea risotto with seared scallops, chocolate and coffee mousse, hot chocolate cappuccino and white chocolate ice cream. Passengers dining in Arcadian Rhodes are charged a £15 per person cover charge* for a four course menu.
In December 2006 Gary Rhodes opened his second fine dining restaurant at sea, Oriana Rhodes, on board P&O Cruises family friendly superliner Oriana. The cuisine is similar to that in Arcadian Rhodes and the same cover charge applies.
The most popular drink in both Arcadian Rhodes and Oriana Rhodes is Gary’s own specialty cocktail Sloe Royale, made of Chapel Down English sparkling wine and Gordon’s Sloe Gin.
Gary Rhodes will be on board during the following itineraries:
• Arcadia 15-night cruise departing 19 June 2010, J008. Ports of call include Zeebrugge, Amsterdam, Oslo, Stavanger, Flaam, cruise in Sognefjord, Olden, cruise in Nordfjord, Trondheim, Akureyri and Reykjavik. Prices from £1609 per person, Plus £50pp onboard credit and Free Parking or Caoch Transfer
• Arcadia 13-night cruise departing 2 November 2010, J019. Ports of call include Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Alicante and Gibraltar. Prices from £889 per person plus £50pp onboard credit
• Oriana 12-night cruise departing 11 July 2010, X011. Ports of call include Copenhagen, Nynashamn, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Zeebrugge. Prices from £1,219 per person plus £50 per person onboard credit.
• Oriana 7-night cruise departing 27 August 2010, X015. Ports of call include Corunna, Bilbao, Le Verdon, Brest and St. Peter Port. Prices from £715per person plus £25 per person onboard credit.
The White Room is the creation of British culinary legend Marco Pierre White and Ventura’s signature fine dining restaurant. While delivering Marco’s finest classic Mediterranean cuisine, The White Room provides passengers with sweeping panoramic views and the option of dining under the stars in the evening, with the nearby Metropolis bar serving as a pre-dinner meeting point.
Inspired by the ‘cuisine of the sun’ – simple, colourful dishes created with fresh herbs and produce infusing sunshine flavours. Sample dishes include salad of chicory and pear with Gorgonzola cheese, fillet of Turbot with citrus fruits, and fresh fruits in Prosecco jelly with passion fruit syrup.
The cover charge for dinner is £15.00* per person and £7.50* per child.
Oceana’s Café Jardin’s restaurant serves Marco Pierre White dishes as does Aurora’s Café Bordeaux. Both menus serve classic Mediterranean dishes which have been given the Marco treatment especially for passengers on board. Dishes on the current menus include quail’s eggs Hollandaise, Marco’s confit de Canard and a French lemon tart. Cover charges for dinner in both Café Jardin and Café Bordeaux are from £4.99* per person.
Marco Pierre White will be on board during the following itineraries:
• Aurora 12-night cruise departing 19 April 2010, R002X. Ports of call include Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Cadiz, Lisbon and Vigo. Prices from £985 per person plus £50pp onboard credit and free parking or coach transfer.
• Oceana 14-night cruise departing 15 May 2010, E011. Ports of call include Gibraltar, Cartagena, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Cadiz. Price from £1,069 per person plus £50pp onboard credit and free parking or coach transfer
• Ventura 7-night cruise departing 5 June 2010, N014. Ports of call include Corunna, Bilbao, La Pallice, Brest and St. Peter Port. Prices from £679 per person plus £50pp onboard credit and free parking or coach transfer
• Ventura 14-night cruise departing 3 July 2010, N017. Ports of call include Barcelona, Cannes, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Palma, Valencia and Gibraltar. Prices from £1,329 per person.
• Oceana 14-night cruise departing 2 October 2010, E021. Ports of call include Gibraltar, Cartagena, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Cadiz. Prices from £1,285 per person plus £50pp onboard credit.
• Ventura 14-night cruise departing 22 October 2010, N027. Ports of call include Tenerife, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Barbados (from flights back to UK). Prices from £1,029 per person plus £50pp onboard credit
Sindhu is the creation of Michelin starred Indian chef Atul Kochhar and will be one of Azura’s three select dining restaurants. Sindhu will offer modern Indian cuisine with a British twist, celebrating Britain’s love of Indian food and P&O Cruises long-standing affiliation with India.
Diners will be able to sample a fusion of British and Indian cuisine whilst watching chefs in action in the theatre style galley.
Sindhu will offer dishes such as Crab Masala with Crab Claws and Vermicelli Biriyani and Five Spiced Chocolate Pudding with Tarragon.
Atul Kochhar will be on board during the following itineraries:
• Azura 16-night cruise departing 12 April 2010, A004. Ports of call include Malaga, Katakolon, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Venice, Korcula and Gibraltar. Prices from £1405 per person plus £50pp onboard credit and free parking or coach transfer.
• Azura 16-night cruise departing 23 July 2010, A010. Ports of call include Malaga, Katakolon, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Venice, Korcula and Gibraltar. Prices from £1,575 per person plus £50pp onboard credit.
• Azura 12-night cruise departing 8 August 2010, A011. Ports of call include Madeira, La Palma, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lisbon and Vigo. Prices from £1245 per person plus £50pp onboard credit.
• Azura 7-night cruise departing 21 September 2010, A014. Ports of call include Dublin, Cobh, Bilbao and Brest. Prices from £649 per person plus £25pp onboard credit.
• Azura 15-fly night cruise departing 4 February 2011, A103. Ports of call include Barbados, Curacao, Aruba, Catalina Island, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia and Grenada. Prices from £1,289 per person plus £50pp onboard credit.
All prices are based on two people sharing an inside cabin, including all meals, entertainment and on board facilities. Onboard credit is for the first two passengers sharing a cabin.
For more information on any of the above cruises, with upto date prices and availability for your chosen cabin grade contact Jane at GoCruisewithJane email@example.com or call 024 76 742135